HERB - ear wax? and other wound dressings?

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:35:30 PDT 2000

Like I said, it's been a long time & I really don't remember the details
anymore.  Nowadays, if I use it, I do so because IN MY EXPERIENCE a wound
heals a little better if it's "moist" for the first day or so.  Less (and
softer) scabbing, more new tissue growth.  As I said, I've come to love the
calendula oil my Mom gave me for this purpose...but I'm having a hard time
finding it since our move.

----Original Message Follows----
 > A friend of mine had an injury, but refused the N. when I offered it to
her.
 >   When I asked why, she told me about this lab experiment she had had to
do
 > for school that involved growing some bacteria culture.  She was supposed
 > grow this same culture in several different mediums.  The culture that
 > thrived best was grown in Neosporin.

Hm. Consistent with the doctor's statement that it does nothing but keep
the bandage from sticking, I guess. The question I would have would be
what the other media were.

Obviously, using Neosporin (or any other 'first aid cream') in a petri
dish as an (undisturbed) culture medium would be a bit different from
actual use, where the ointment is absorbed into the skin and/or
wound over time and the remainder is removed each time the wound is
cleaned and re-dressed.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
	nuts work loose.
They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
	they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"