HERB - Re: herbalist V1 #483

Flo J Plecki fjplecki at juno.com
Sun Aug 20 22:52:25 PDT 2000

Serian,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  I've been away for a couple of
months and am just now digging through all the mail.  So far, I haven't
seen the reaponse regarding the wax workers guild, but I'm only up to
mid-July . . .

As Jasmine wrote, you can use a vegetable oil (and olive oil has healing
properties of its own which make it a popular choice) and thicken it with
more beeswax.  The beeswax I add out here to help keep it from getting
melted and runny in the desert heat.  When Lady Phyllis and her group
cooked up this recipe, they did try it in several other media, including
olive oil.  I simply took the one I liked best, but the oil base could
make a good massage oil.

I look forward to seeing any other healing salves that people use,
especially for bruising and especially those using lavendar.  Jasmine,
THANKS for the thickening chart.  I, too, am interested in any loose info
you might have lying around from your class.

Leah, Outlands
mailto:fplecki at juno.com