HERB - what I wish I'd had

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 21 12:48:00 PDT 2000

Here's my caveat to baking soda:  Some years ago, I was in a wrist brace.
The brace started to stink from constant wear, so I sprinkled a little
baking soda in to soak up the odor.  Then I wondered why my hand was
peeling!

The moral?  Moderation in all things.

--Katherine B.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Denise Pulgino Stout" <bisbetica at hotmail.com>

Baking soda I found useful as an exfoliant and general cleaning tool.  Add
to soap or cleanser for an extra buffer to get off grime and soot.  I
learned this trick at a local beauty salon. It's very mild abrasive is fine
for sensitive skin. It's great for brushing teeth, washing veggies clean and
disolves very easily.

Katerina