HERB - advertisements

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Tue Aug 22 07:14:41 PDT 2000

In all honesty, I don't mind the full blown ads as long as they are
relevant to what I'm looking for or doing in the context of the
list to which I'm subscribed. However, I have a HUGE
problem with ads that I simply can't read on varying systems
for various reasons. Simple text ads catch the majority of
people. The latest ad we received, the one causing all the ill
feelings, was written in HTML and contained attachments.

While some list members may not have trouble reading it,
the vast majority of people do have trouble. Anyone on digest
is guaranteed to have a ton of gook on their screen that simply
wastes space and takes up valuable download pennies, especially
because of attachments, which digests simply don't allow.

If we're voting, I vote they get sent to the list mommy
first, that they are in plain text ONLY, and that they
do not have any attachments. All, of course, with the
understanding that it is relevant to what we do here on
the list.

Jasmine

Iasmin de Cordoba
iasmin at home.com or gwalli at ptc.com