HERB - Advertisements

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 22 15:46:18 PDT 2000

Raisya:

you wrote (some snippage):
>I take every possible action on the usual Spam, and very quickly, however, I
>have not restricted members of this list with SCA-herbal businesses from
>giving out contact info.   I feel this post falls into a grey area, a vendor
>whose product is within the topic of this list and is clearly intended for an
>SCA audience but who has not been an active participant of this list
>previously and has posted an _extended_ commercial.  In this case, I simply
>request that jodystea at csionline.net not post any other commercial information
>without my permission.
>
>I also want to hear opinions from the members of this list.  Do you want to
>allow SCA herbal vendors to post contact info or advertisements here?
>Frankly, I have absolutely no problem with Leonora, Suzannah and others
>including their contact info in their signature lines.  I appreciate BRIEF
>mentions by merchants that they will be vending at some event or another.
>However, I'd rather not see full-blown commercials such as this on the list.
>So, do we restrict it entirely, allow anything SCA/herbal related up to full
>blown commercials, or are you satisfied with my judgement calls?

I don't mind ads from list members, whether or not they're in the
SCA, as long as they are simple messages in plain text, not in HTML,
and with no attachments. While my email client can actually read HTML
and attachments, i still don't like either.

I think such things are inappropriate, regardless of my personal
situation, as so many people's situations cannot handle them.
Besides, many folks have to pay for download time, and such messages
generally waste people's money, when a plain text message could say
the same thing and use less bandwidth.

Lilinah
SCA: Anahita al-shazhiyya