HERB - Re:

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 19:28:07 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/23/00 6:53:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ladygrania at juno.com writes:

> Hi out there,
>
>  Just a short question.  Has anyone ever heard of taking Vicks Vaporub
>  internally?  Even tho the label cautions against taking internally, I
>  have met a number of people who were given tablespoons of Vicks for chest
>  colds as a child.  I was wondering if this is a cultural thing or
>  regional or whatever.
>
>  Grania
>  ________

Whenever i got a cold I got vicks vaporub rubbed in, inhaled, and fed as
well.  In fact, I can remember thinking that vicks was what got rid of colds
and once rubbing it all over myself when I got the sniffles.  Lesson learned
at age 6, vicks vaporub does not do good things when you rub it in your eyes.

Constance