HERB - Vicks Vaporub

Deming Deming at Capital.Net
Mon Aug 28 05:10:04 PDT 2000

Taking Vicks Vaporub internally? <blah>
I remember having it rubbed on my chest when I had a cold.  I even remember
the old Vicks-in-a-pot-of-hot-water trick when the whole family had a bad
cold all at once. (His mom must have used allot of sugar. But then its
amazing what a parent can get a kid to take for a cold.)

My mom has told me of when her father would roll up some paper into a tube
so he could blow sulfur powder into the throat of any who suffered from a
red/scratcher throat. The practice is sound, even by modern ideas. Its just
that the delivery was a bit rough. (I remember spraying my throat with
Chloriseptic (sp?), and gaging because the spot was so sensitive.)

Marguerite
who is glad she does not have a cold while cleaning out her e-mail.

> My husband's mother used to wad a piece of wax paper, roll it first in
Vicks
> and then in sugar and then pop it in his mouth and that of his siblings.
Was