HERB - Re: cornstarch

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Wed Aug 23 14:15:36 PDT 2000

Greetings!

>Something that is natural (or even 'organic', that is, coming from
>something that once lived, since talc is natural but not organic) is
>not necessarily 'hypoallergenic', that is, "Having little tendency to
>cause an allergic reaction specially prepared or treated so as to cause
no
>reaction in persons allergic to the normal product."

(Oink oink...)  Caro the guinea pig here...

I fall into this category.  For non-chafing reasons, I use an amount of
talcum powder every day.  My mother, well-meaninged soul that she is,
urged me to change over to cornstarch to be "more environmentally
friendly".  I switched, and broke out in a rash.  I switched back.  Mom
urged me to try another brand - I broke out again.  I tossed both useless
bottles and went back to talc, and haven't looked back.

I have some *very* strange allergies, and it's tough sometimes explaining
to people what I can and can't use / ingest / breathe...maybe I should
hand out a flyer...

-Caro, who's definitely in the book of the Chinese god "Keeper of all
Things Strange"