HERB - Skin problems

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Dec 18 22:46:05 PST 2000

This is caused, in part, by a lack of essential fatty acids in your
system.  You can supplement efa's by eating fatty fish, or taking
supplemental oils such as flax, borage, hemp, evening primrose,
blackcurrent, and cod liver oils.  A good quality blend is best, and you
will need to take the recommended dosage and then some to see a
difference in your skin.  It really does make a difference, however, I am
finally taking enough this year, and did not have the peeling foot yuck
at Pennsic this year, and don't have the hard callouses this winter.
There is not much past symptomatic relief that can be done with lotions
and such, which was my preferred method in the past.
Christianna
(my daily dosage = Vit E - 10 IU, Borage oil - 300 mg, Fish oils - 300
mg, Flax seed oil - 300 mg, Lipase - 5 mg, Evening Primrose - 2.6grams.
I use ReNew Life's OilSmart, and also take two Evening Primrose 1300 mg
from NOW every day.  I also eat fish at least 2 times a week.)