HERB - linen waters/spray

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Dec 27 13:42:52 PST 2000

> easily upon ironing.  I think the B&BW uses lavender scent (manmade) for their products.

Hm. Could someone who goes by a Bath & Body Works check the ingredient
list on the bottle? Not that 'fragrance' would tell you much, of course--
natural fragrances could be listed as fragrance also. There are some
essential oils that are so cheap to produce that using a synthetic is cost
inefficient.

One of the books in my personal library (I think it's the Essential Oils
Book by Colleen Dodt), mentions that one test for whether an essential oil
is really an unadulterated essential oil is to put a drop on a sheet of
paper and let it dry-- EO's diluted with oil, and fragrance oils, will
leave a mark/stain, while most unadulterated essential oils will not leave
a mark, other than deforming the paper. I should go home and try that--
I've never tested it to see if it is true.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"