HERB - honey as medicinal

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 05:46:34 PST 2000

The only botulism I have heard of from honey is infant botulism which affects
the nervous system of young babies under 12 months. Botulism bacteria or
spores aren't the problem, it's the toxins produced by the botulism bacteria
that cause the problem. Since they can't grow in honey, I don't see that
there is any danger here, unless you're under 12 months or perhaps have an
immune system disorder (and I have no documentation of the latter). Botulism
spores are common and may be found in dust, soil and uncooked foods. Adults
and children over one year of age are routinely exposed to, but not normally
affected by, botulism spores.

If you have documentation to the contrary, please let me know, as I don't
want to hurt anybody or through bad advice, cause any harm.

Corwyn