HERB - honey as medicinal

John+Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Fri Feb 4 09:58:21 PST 2000

Gaylin Walli <gwalli at infoengine.com  Friday, February 04, 2000 6:35 AM
Wrote:
Subject: Re: HERB - honey as medicinal

> Somewhat incomplete. The sugar is wonderful, but it does
> break down into what is effectively peroxide as Corwyn
> said. If anyone is interested, I can write a little something
> up on this to help (especially for those people who didn't see
> the show on CNN).
<snip>
You are right I did not see this.  Although, I will not argue with you about
the peroxide this is correct.
<snip
> research suggests that bacteria simply has an extremely difficult
> time living in honey. Perfectly preserved mice and rats in ancient
> honeycombs are a prime example. The use of honey in embalming
> throughout history being another example. Again, I'll go look
> through my documentation and type something up.
><Snip>
indeed it does not grow well and all you say about embalming is true.
however when introduced into a wound we are talking about adding new
elements to the equation.  Please, see  my response to Corwyn.