HERB - honey as medicinal

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Fri Feb 4 06:35:56 PST 2000

At 5:09 AM -0800 2/4/00, John+Lynette wrote:
>Honey promotes wound healing because of the high sugar content.

Somewhat incomplete. The sugar is wonderful, but it does
break down into what is effectively peroxide as Corwyn
said. If anyone is interested, I can write a little something
up on this to help (especially for those people who didn't see
the show on CNN).

>Raw honey should never be used for this because of the
>danger of introducing bacteria. The news does not always get it right.

I believe you may be incorrect in this. I'll look for some information
to the contrary in the medical documents I have, but the gist of the
research suggests that bacteria simply has an extremely difficult
time living in honey. Perfectly preserved mice and rats in ancient
honeycombs are a prime example. The use of honey in embalming
throughout history being another example. Again, I'll go look
through my documentation and type something up.

Jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com