HERB - research theories (was: honey as medicinal)

John+Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Tue Feb 8 04:52:53 PST 2000

Quite honestly, I understand why it is not done.  Not so long ago I did the
same.  Until I began learning how good research is done and how to recognize
useless or misleading research.  Also I began learning more about herbs from
a professional medical stand point. It gives one a whole other perspective.
Herbal medicine is, I believe, fascinating because it is so available it
allows one to play doctor so to speak.  That is well and good but it is not
play they can and do interact powerfully within the body.  I don't for a
minute think we should be denied access but should be aware that we are not
at odds with the medical community, and that to believe so could result in
hiding what we are doing and be harmful because a physician has not been
given the whole picture.
Common belief seems to be if it is natural it is good; and it is safe. And I
do not need a physician or need to involve him/her.
My motto is Hemlock is natural.