HERB - research theories (was: honey as medicinal)

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Feb 7 04:25:19 PST 2000

>None of these abstracts gave
>the original hypothesis or stats.  Which makes it impossible to draw any
>real conclusions,  from the abstract alone. Uuntil I see more complete
>evidence I can considere this  only ancedotal.  I am not doubting you.
>These studies may be just fine.  The problem is they are not presented here
>with any proof to support what is being said.  The proof probably exist but
>it is in the study report not the abstract.

In most of the research we do as people interested in medieval
herbalism, medieval medical botany, and medieval nutrition (among
the many other topics that we seem to hang on to in order to support
the herbal habit, so to speak) I think this course of action is *always*
the best regarding modern studies. I wonder sometimes that people
don't do this more often and also wonder if it wouldn't help for
people in, say, a Royal University setting to have a class taught on
modern research theory, even if it is a class on the merest basics,
in order to help them out with the research they conduct to support
their medieval habit.

jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com