HERB - List down time

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 06:26:21 PST 2000

Hi, all,

Just to make sure everyone knows:

>This Saturday, February 12th, the Ansteorran server will be unavailable
>from approximately 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM CT.

>This time is being used by our provider to make their site fully
>redundant. Unfortunately part of this outage is due to the city of
>Austin doing additional power work that they are required to turn off
>the entire facility for. Other work being done at the time will not
>affect things but it will make the site fully redundant in all aspects.

>It is possible the outage will be shorter, and the system will be
>available sooner, but these are worse case time periods. (Always plan
>for the worse, hope for the best.)

This message was from Pug, the incredibly patient man who maintains the
Ansteorran server and keeps so much of our kingdom on-line (and cheerfully
answers all the naive questions from list managers like me).  Thanks, Pug!

Also, a quick admin. note, if you know that someone's stopped getting
messages (or it ever happens to you) have them contact me.  When your e-mail
box gets too full, the messages start bouncing back to me, and I have to
unsubscribe them if it continues to happen.

Raisya
Raisya at aol.com
Herbalist manager