HERB - Mistletoe

Kristopher Imbellicus anacronist at excite.com
Sun Feb 20 23:55:04 PST 2000

  Just acouple notes.
  It doesn't have to be eaten.  It's designed to stick to critters to be
spread.  Matter of fact mistletoe is a highly poisonous hallucinagenic.
  Period note: A friend of mine has some "otherworld brew" recipes whose
primary ingredient is mistletoe.  Didn't someone ask about "better" things
to smoke?  Guess what.....

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:51:26 -0500, herbalist at ansteorra.org wrote:

  On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:47:02 -0600 "Walter J. Wakefield"
  <wjwakefield at juno.com> writes:
  >One of the problems you are going to have with getting mistletoe to grow
  is that it is parasitic on trees (pretty much any tree, as far as I can
  tell - well, maybe not evergreens).  It sends rootlets into the tree to
  connect with the sap flow.  So you can't just dig it up and transplant
  >it, like you can with a plant or a bulb.

  This is what I have been trying to tell this friend who wants it! He is
  in college and just doesn't seem to understand ....
  Sigh.......
  Didn't know about the seed thing tho.
  Oh we are in central US. He is in Illinois and I am in Ohio.

  Didn't know this stuff grew in TX! Always thought it grew more in the
  south eastern states. Don't know why....

  Thanks anyway!
  Rhiannon

Kristopher Imbellicus
Wintermist, CAID