HERB - Mistletoe

Rauthulfr mwolfe at nwlink.com
Mon Feb 21 00:13:37 PST 2000

The Mistletoe varieties which grow in North America are more poisonous than
those in Europe, at least according to my sources.   Most of the "magickal"
recipes calling for mistletoe tended to be European in origin.  Apparently
it is still very psychotropic, but less poisonous.  (not that I'd recommend
testing that!)

At 11:55 PM 2/20/00 -0800, you wrote:
>   Just acouple notes.
>   It doesn't have to be eaten.  It's designed to stick to critters to be
>spread.  Matter of fact mistletoe is a highly poisonous hallucinagenic.
>   Period note: A friend of mine has some "otherworld brew" recipes whose
>primary ingredient is mistletoe.  Didn't someone ask about "better" things
>to smoke?  Guess what.....

RauþúlfR Meistari inn Orþstóri (OL, MC, P-eX, Et Cetera)
An Tir Arts & Sciences Champion AS: XXXIII-XXXIV
or, non-SCA: Michael Wolfe M. A. I. S. AB-
*Practice Random Acts of Chocolate.....