HERB - 2 month's basil growth?

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Fri Feb 25 10:34:08 PST 2000

Raisya wrote:

>I think you can expect the basil plants to be at least 6 - 8 inches tall
>after two months IF they're in a big enough pot and cared for carefully.

Window boxes were what were volunteered.

>What kind of grow light/heat situation do you have set up for them?

Boy that's a good question. One of my staffers said she'd be happy to
grow it at her house. She's a very good gardener. She said she'd have
window boxes available for the seeds to live in and no danger of kitty
attack, which is why they're not being grown at my house right now
(I don't have my growing tables up yet in a safe area). Good light, if
I guess right on the window she's using and about standard house temps
for the rest.

We'll be sacrificing my rosemary plant (or some of it) for the cause,
and we may start parsley as well along with the basil. Chives too, I
think were mentioned, but I don't need much of that at all and can
probably cut what's already growing in my garden by then.

Thanks for the info,

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com