HERB - stevia

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Jan 13 06:47:55 PST 2000

Magdelena wrote:
>I thought about sweetening at the end with stevia, but I can't find
>whole stevia
>commercially,

Here are some suggestions for places to look that I've found.

- online (we have list members who sell it for their mundane biz)
- health food stores
- asian markets

The last one seems a little off, but about 50% of sweetened things
in Japan use stevia, not sugar.

>and introducing powdered herbs at the end would give me a clouded
>wine.

I have a jar of the tincture in my desk here at work. The labels reads:

   Now Foods, Stevia Liquid Extract, Net 2 fluid oz, An Herbal Dietary
   Supplement

The bottle is about the size of a bottle of ibuprofen, comes with a
dropper, and cost me about $10 US. I've had the bottle for a LONG
time.

Jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com