HERB - stevia

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Sun Jan 9 19:56:01 PST 2000

Stevia can't be heated as it loses its sweetness.  In large quantities,
Stevia is rather bitter.  In its natural form it is green and it doesn't
mix well with liquids.  There is a commercial prep which is white and
granular like sugar but it has other things in it and it crystallizes
when it gets even the smallest bit damp.  It was very expensive.  The
1.85 oz. bottle of sweetener I purchased cost $12.

I hope this helps.

Grania