HERB - belly butter

John+Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 28 12:09:18 PST 2000

Christina,
I've been reading some of the responses to your request.  They All sound
great.  When I was pregnant I used something much simpler.  Two things:
Cocoa Butter.  But my mainstay was olive oil.   Never a stretch mark.
The idea as you know, is to keep the skin lubricated to maintain it's
maximum elasticity.  What doesn't stretch breaks.  Thus the scarring we call
stretch marks.  So actually anything that lubricates works.  Use it on
breast too.  In fact the olive oil I used all over after my shower.  I even
brought it to the hosp.  with me.  (This was in the days when nurses still
routinely gave back rubs to every patient every day).
I love the idea of infusing with calundula, it's a healing herb which
promotes tissue to repair itself.  Great Idea.  My point is if you run out
of your favorite concoction.  Use what you have or can get quickly in the
mean time.  I believe you can never start too soon in your pregnancy with
this.  Use something every day without fail.  Good fortune and blessings on
you and your little one.