HERB - PMS Help

Kristopher Imbellicus anacronist at excite.com
Sat Jan 29 20:52:13 PST 2000

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:40:23 -0800, herbalist at ansteorra.org wrote:

  ----- Original Message -----
  blackthorne at midtown.net wrote:
  > Medical studies since 1982 have shown that the group of symptoms we call
  > PMS is caused by a shortage of Prostaglandin E6, a hormone-like
  > substance manufactured by the female reproductive symptom.
  >
  > Evening primrose oil is chock full of the missing constituants -- one
  > medical source says it is full of the protaglandin itself.
  >
  > I much prefer treating the cause to treating the symptoms!

  I'd like to ad a note that may be useful to those looking for other
  remedies.
  Linoleic acid is an important constituant of Evening primrose oil.  This
is
  an essential fatty acid for the human organism.  That is it cannot be
  manufactured in the haman body but is  needed for good health.  Linoleic
  acid is a precursor to Prostiglandin synthesis.  ie you can't make
  prostaglandin without it.
  My point being look for thise things that contain this fatty acid.
  Sunflower seeds or oil,  emu oil, flax seed, or linseed oil.  I am sure
  there are other things out there that naturally contain this.  At least
now
  you have a clue as to what essential item you are looking for.
  I understand that Linoleic Acid is also good for increased fat burning and
general trimming.

Kristopher Imbellicus
Wintermist, CAID
E-Mail: anacronist at excite.com