HERB - PMS Help

John+Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Sun Jan 30 04:53:01 PST 2000

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000  -0800,anacronist at excite.com wrote:
>   I understand that Linoleic Acid is also good for increased fat burning
and
> general trimming.
>
> That may be.  I just checked a nutritional reference and it said, that
animals fed a diet free of Linoleic Acid were found to have fatty livers.
However, most of us have a sufficient amount already in our diets.  I'd be
uninclined to increase my intake of fats with the idea that it would
increase my fat burning abilities.
Linolieic Acid is primarily responsible for nerve integrity.  It is
essential to the formation of myelin which is the sheath along which
impulses are conducted in motor and sensory nerves.
Also, my reference said it is found in soybean oil, walnuts, canola, and
cottonseed as well as those mentioned before.
I have a friend with Multiple sclerosis  (MS) who takes additional Linoleic
Acid.  A Tbs. of sunflower oil every day.
MS  is a disease where the myelin sheath breaks down (reason unknown).
There is no current cure.  Her hope is this will at the very least retard
the progression of the disease.
Menstrual cramps may be helped by eating an increase amount of these foods
around the time of usual onset.  But be ware these are fatty foods.  I'd be
inclined to stick with the whole seeds and nuts for this reason.  I would
try some of the herbs that have already been mentioned for mood.