HERB - period wedding flowers

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jan 31 16:03:14 PST 2000

> I recommend the book as great fun.  And, full of things to try--surely we could
> get chaplets of roses onto the King and his champions...
> Anyway--rose chaplets on the heads of people at weddings, rose petals and
> lilies strewn it the strees "on joyous occassions such as marriage

In the SCA, the only people allowed to wear chaplets of roses are members
of the Order of the Rose (former royal consorts). It's part of the small
number of society-wide sumptuary rules as confirmed by Laurel. I happen to
think it's a silly rule, but you might want to be aware of it.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head -- that's assault,
not leadership." Dwight D. Eisenhower