HERB - sweet annie

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Fri Jun 16 08:12:36 PDT 2000

I've got some great reference to the medicinal aspects of
Sweet Annie (Artemisia annua) but I can't seem to find
anything that describes the exact smell or that discusses
much history of the plant, for some reason. Plant identification
is one of my weakest subjects, so I was hoping someone on
the list could help.

Just to be sure, the plant I have is a highly fragrant plant
that smells very much like Juicy Fruit gum to me. Finely
cut foliage, not quite unlike a fern? Reseeds itself, despite
being an annual and often becomes a weed problem, right?

I love this plant. So atypical of the plants you normally
find in an herb garden.

Happy gardening,

jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba