HERB - Roses

EFLUD@aol.com EFLUD at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 08:03:44 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/20/00 8:30:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
collette at kricket.net writes:

<< scraping the bottom of a stem
 and bending it to the ground, putting a rock on it and leaving it to
 next year - it roots, >>

Pardon, could you please go into more detail for me? I like this idea. Is the
scraping done from base to tip? Is there any special preparation for the
soil? Are there maintenance procedures during the year? When propagating into
a new area after rooting, are there special measures to take to insure it's
health? A lot of questions, I know. Thanks in advance.
Elayne