HERB - Culpeper's Herbal & English Physician

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Jun 21 21:39:17 PDT 2000

Bearing in mind the manifest faults of Culpeper (not least of which is
that his works were written after 1600), I was still overjoyed to find
that my local New Age shop (look, I only go in there for the incense.
Really.) had copies of the version of Culpeper that has the recipes in it.
Most versions don't have the recipes, which is frustrating for SCAdian
herbalists. So, if anyone is looking for a copy of the complete work (yes,
it's on the web, but a printed book is easier to take to bed with you),
here's the publication info.

Culpeper's Complete Herbal & English Physician, Enlarged
Nicholas Culpeper
Glenwood, Illinois: Meyerbooks, Publisher. 1990.
ISBNS: hardbound: 0-916638-38-3 ; softbound 0-916638-20-0
(It's based on the 1814 edition, but I think it's pretty close to the
original, published-during-the-life-of-Mrs-Culpeper versions)

Madrun, do you want an annotation/essay on Culpeper & the English
Physician for the bibliography?

Also, has anyone else noticed how many things Culpeper thought provoked
the menses?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"