HERB - herbalist V1 #477--Salve Recipe Search

fplecki@juno.com fplecki at juno.com
Mon Jun 26 08:32:50 PDT 2000

Serian,

>Well, I've been asked to find salve recipes by a local wax workers
guild.

Here's a favorite given to me by Lady Phyllis of the White Marshes over
20 years ago.  I've tried variations in the ingredients, but keep coming
back to the basic one.  Maybe after I move back to Ansteorra I'll try
putting a little eucalyptus in it for bug repellant.  Hmmm . . .

I'd appreciate it if you'd e-mail me privately about the wax workers
guild.  Thanks.

Flo Plecki, aka Ds. Leah Kasmira, of Natterhelm
Barony of al-Barran, Outlands
Just call me Leah

You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once. - Lazarus Long

= = = = =

Comfrey Burn & Bruise Salve

1	part comfrey	½	part slippery elm
¼	part beeswax	3	parts all vegetable shortening

	In a non-metal pan, melt fat.  Add vegetable matter and simmer 30—45
minutes.  Add beeswax while simmering or melt it separately (again, in a
non-metal pan) and add just before simmering is finished.  Strain into
dry, sterilized, air-tight containers.  Store away from temperature
extremes and light.