HERB - weed trees

Gaylin iasmin at home.com
Tue Jun 27 05:23:35 PDT 2000

Wolf  offered a good idea suggesting that:

>Willows absolutely LOVE watery ground.}:)
>Mine is about 4 inches around and is only 2 yrs old. WE get all the water
>from erither neighbor on either side, so while their grass is turning brown
>in this heat and dryness, ours is still green and grows like mad.}:)

Agreed that they love the watery ground, but again, you
run into the trouble of local ordinances. While mulberry
trees are frowned upon in my area and get cut down when
they're discovered (typically, unless zealously guarded
by local jam, jelly, and wine makers) willow trees are
expressly forbidden. Plant one in my city and you'll be
fined a whopper of a fine, your tree will be confiscated
and chipped/shredded  in front of you, and you'll be left
wondering what the heck else you can plant.

*Sigh*

Personally, I like Suzanna's idea of planting an elder.
If you really have your heart set  on the mulberry tree,
consider taking a few cuttings and finding a *safe* place
to put them. Knowing little about transplanting tree
cuttings perhaps there's something you could do about
keeping them in pots for a while until you find this
perfect spot (though I know mulberry grows pretty
fast).

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba
iasmin at home.com