HERB - Detox

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:03:35 PST 2000

Increasing straight water consumption will help the kidneys flush more
efficiently. But be careful how much you increase it - water intoxication is
real.

Supposedly some toxins are released through sweating, so sitting in a sauna
might help. This can contribute to dehydration, so increasing water
consumption is good here too.

Massage done by a "Massage Therapist" will help release any lactic acid
built up in the muscles. Lactic Acid buildup contributes to "knots" and can
decrease muscle buildup. Water consumption after the massage will help
remove the lactic acid from the body.

Increasing insoluble fiber consumption helps clean out the "solid waste" -
but be careful to increase fiber consumption gradually, otherwise you can
have some very emabarrassing side effects.Fiber loves water, so increasing
your water consumption at the same time as your fiber consumption is a good
idea. Fresh, raw, fruits and vegetables are very high in fiber, as are beans
and grains, but these also are high in complex carbohydrates, which will
increase your caloric intake which could lead to weight gain. Fiber is
destroyed by heat, so if you must cook them, try simply steaming them for a
very short time. The more "al dente" they are, the more fiber still in them.

Hmm...I seem to really like the "increase your water consumption" theme...

Hope this helps...

Lady Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
mka