HERB - period wedding flowers

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Sun Mar 26 15:49:23 PST 2000

> Paradisi in sole: Paradisus terrestris (A Garden of Pleasant Flowers).
> John Parkinson. Dover 1975/1991. Also an edition labeled English
> Experimental Ser. #758.

Thanks, Jasmine! I got this last week and have been drooling over it (so
much that I took it to an event yesterday and it got left behind...)
Of special interest is the Kitchen Garden section, with lots of
information about herbs and veggies.

(Rohde says that that craze for bulbs was a 17th century fashion, so I
guess I can't rely too much on the flowers bit-- especially the pages and
pages of tulips!)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything away
from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything he's no longer in
your power-- he's free again." -- A. Solzhenitsyn