HERB - Ointment, Balm, Salve Recipes??

Elizabeth Zagula ezagula at srv.net
Mon May 1 13:36:21 PDT 2000

A fellow Artemisian who happens to be a librarian copied two chapters of
"Perfume Through the Ages" for me.  The two chapters I have are Chapter 8:
Perfumes of Europe-From Charlemagne to Napoleon and Chapter 9:  The Scents
and Smells of Early England.  Lots of great information with many quotes
from a large variety of period sources.  No recipes for ointments, salves,
or balms.  It also discusses Hungary Water from 1370 as appearing in a
story from Beckmann's History of Invention, translated and published in
1639.  I have read your handout on your efforts to document Hungary Water
and question some of the information in the two chapters I have.  I do not
have the bibliography, so I cannot say if the book itself is based on
primary sources.

Elizabeth

There is a fine line between anal and efficient, I straddle it!