HERB - Hildegard of Bingen's Physica

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Fri May 5 14:23:37 PDT 2000

At 11:06 AM 5/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>OK I'm done grading exams, so here's the first thing I
>agreed to check:
>
>Dandelion uses
>Well, Hildegard of Bingen's Physica has what could either be
>dandelion, heliotrope, or chicory used with burdock and
>powdered in one recipe that is added to honey for digestive
>aid.  The other use of what may or may not be dandelion in
>her book is also with burdock in wine for chest and throat
>problems.

Where did you get this book?  I can only find a sort of new agey one of her
herbal knowledge.  I want to find out more about her.  She was seriously cool.

Thanks,
Leonora
Outlands

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape