HERB - Woad and Oregano

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Mon May 8 10:36:47 PDT 2000

I am growing woad.  It is a biannual.  You want to harvest leaves during
the first year for dye.  Then leave one plant for seed and cut back all but
one branch and bag it with nylon hose to catch the seed.  Woad self seeds
and can be very invasive.

There are several places to get woad on-line: Richters, of Goodwood Ontario
(www.richters.com) , Strictly Medicinal (www.chatlink.com/~herbseed) for
under $4 a packet.

 I have a lovely planting of oregano, santinola, and some kind of cool
sedum.  All like sun sun sun and dry.  It is quite stunning.  There are so
many different kinds of oregano, you can plant 2 or 3 together and make a
great display.

good luck
Leonora
Outlands

At 12:17 PM 5/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
>I am going to the Huntington Library and Garden annual plant sale next
>weekend looking for dye plants (woad especially) and medical herbs.  I want
>to plant two beds with their respective theme.  I also need to get a good
>container plant that will co plant with oregano in a window box.  Any
>suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>Fiametta Trutola de Tedeska

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape