HERB - citing, ahem, newage materials in handouts...

Elizabeth Zagula ezagula at srv.net
Mon May 8 15:08:54 PDT 2000

Jadwiga,

When I teach I usually do a hands on class, because I feel it is more
interesting to the students and we all get to play and actually make
something to take home.  I just did a class on mustards where I gave three
period recipes for making mustards with a redaction.  I certainly used
modern recipes for making mustards as guidelines for quantities to blend
since the period recipes usually say something along the line of add wine
vinegar until the mustard powder is moistened.  I give both the period
sources and the modern sources that helped with the redaction.

Jasmine approach on her bibliography sounds like the best of both worlds
and would only add to your credibility as a thorough researcher.

Elizabeth

There is a fine line between anal and efficient, I straddle it!