HERB - witch hazel

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Mon May 8 22:59:05 PDT 2000

I make a witch hazel tincture with bark and vodka.  it is a wonderful dark
pink liquid.  Astringent and cooling.  Very strong.

Leonora

At 11:02 PM 5/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings Katerina,
>
>I have used witch hazel as a base for a sage concoction for men.  I
>believe that I just washed and dried the sage and put it in the bottle
>with the witch hazel to steep for a few days replacing it and going a
>couple of days again until I got a scent that I liked.  Remember that
>witch hazel is an astringent and if you get a little sunburn skip putting
>it on the sunburned area as sunburn dehydrates the skin anyway.
>
>Grania
>
>On Mon, 08 May 2000 17:49:13 EDT "Denise Pulgino Stout"
><bisbetica at hotmail.com> writes:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> I am new at playing with my herbs and had an idea (watch out!).  I
>> love to
>> bring witch hazel to Pennsic and events for clean ups and cooling
>> off.  I
>> keep it in the cooler, a great midday refresher.  I also use lots of
>> scented
>> oils at these hot weather events as a deoderant/perfume of sorts.
>> (slightly
>> oily skin is better than sticky, sweaty in my book, and you smell
>> better!)
>>
>> Anyway, I thought I might like to scent the witch hazel as well.  Is
>> it as
>> simple as dropping the herbs into the witch hazel and letting it
>> "steep" or
>> is the process more than that?
>>
>> Any suggestions as to herbs?  I know rosemary is great for cleansing
>> and
>> smells nice and clean.....
>>
>> Humbly,
>> D. M. Pulgino Stout
>> a.k.a Signora Katerina la Bisbetica
>> Shopping, shopping, shopping!

>> tasks.

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape