HERB - Peppermint

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 12:09:11 PDT 2000

sdrake wrote:

> Mine has only been in the pot for several weeks but it seems to be doing
> fine.  It grows so differently from the spearmint, which grows upwards - the
> peppermint seems to grow outwards, like a ground cover.

I'd also like to point out that I killed mine, rather than it randomly dying.  I
went away for the weekend and left it in full sun for three days without
watering it.  Everything else was a little to a lot wilted, but the peppermint
was the only thing that didn't survive.  Oddly enough, the spearmint that was in
the same pot died back, but apparently the roots survived because it just
starting sending up new shoots.  I'd say that peppermint requires more babying
in a pot, but that doesn't equal instant death.

-Magdalena

Hee hee.  I love growing plants.  I had a salad for lunch today with lettuce,
tomatoes, sorrel, and radishes that I grew on my windowsill.  Soon I will have
nasturtiums to add to my salad too.  ;>