HERB - Freeze-distillation

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Tue May 9 14:38:50 PDT 2000

> Freeze distilling apple wine would drastically increase the alcohol
> consumed, and if it's a home-brewed apple wine, it doesn't have a lot of the
> "impurities" that contribute to some people's hang-overs (like the sulfites
> and preservatives) in commercially produced grape wine.

I'm not sure whether fusels are associated with regular hangovers or not.
However, concentrations of fusels are claimed produce a hangover-like
reaction and, in high enough doses (such as those sometimes produced by
distillation problems) to be able to kill you. So consider the fusel
problems separate from whether they produce normal hangovers, that's
probably the best way.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Oh it's all too much, too grim, too lovely, too -- how should
	I put this? It's general chaos." -- Edward Gorey