HERB - rosehips

Isrith inn Glothi nordmarc at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 3 14:13:38 PDT 2000

Hello Iasmin,
you need to wait until after the first good frost. At that time the hips will be
a deeper shade of red.
You have probably done your homework, but I will mention it anyway... Please do
be careful about the tiny hairs which are inside the hips. You need to make sure
to be rid of them all if you are mincing, slicing, or chopping the hips. It is a
pain to have to slice every hip and then scoop out the silly things, bit
remember they are an internal and external irritant. They used to be a primary
ingredient in itching powders!

 Did you know that the colder the area they grow in, the more vitamin C content
they contain?

All the best,
Isrith.