HERB - herbs in the Rockies

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Wed Oct 4 18:08:48 PDT 2000

I have 2 acres of RM foothill SW of Loveland.  I have a 30 x 30 production
bed of herbs and then 2 * 20 x 15 teaching beds and a little 10 x 14 mint
and stuff bed.  Oh and we are putting local wildflowers on a large patch
that is about 40 x 30 and is pretty much straight up and down.

Colorado is a good place to grow the Mediterranean herbs - lav, oreg, thyme
etc. and a bad place to grow the shadey woodland herbs - black cohosh,
golden seal, sweet cicily, etc.

I have lots of babies if you want to stop by and dig.  LMK.

Baroness Leonora

At 04:25 PM 10/4/00 -0000, you wrote:

>Wow, that sounds great!  I just signed up to this list and I have already
>gotten some good tips etc.  Since I am just starting my garden again ( Just
>moved from New York City and a few pots on my fire escape to Colorado and 6
>acres of land) I don't have much to share yet but I will in the future.
>
>By the way...does any one have some good tips on growing herbs in th Rocky
>Mountains...I have no experience
>
>Thanks
>
>Eneth
>

>>Does the herb list have a share their stuff program? Like a round robin of
>>cuttings and seeds? Or a list of people who have plants and are willing to
>>share?
>>
>>And if not, would anybody be interested in it? I'd love to put the list
>>together.
>>

>>Elewyiss

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape