HERB - wound healing & honey

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Thu Sep 7 19:56:02 PDT 2000

One of the essential components of the treatment of Helicobacter pylori
as the bacterial cause of ulcers is PeptoBismol, or an equivalent bismuth
containing compound.  Apparently the bismuth is useful in some capacity.
I believe it disrupts  some process in the bacterium, but I have not
researched this in any detail, so am not sure.  Maybe someone else has
seen some research on this topic?  Anyway, maybe PeptoBismol has more
properties than just coating and soothing??

Suzanna, the Herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra