HERB - wound healing & honey

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Thu Sep 7 22:08:34 PDT 2000

Neat.   One of my family's old recipies includes, among other ingredients,
Milk of Bismuth.

Seems my great great grandmother had a problem with skin rashes on her kids.
After trying everything "modern" medicine could offer, she went to a local
Indian medicine man, who, after swearing her to secrecy, never to tell
anyone how it was made, gave her a recipie.   It worked, and has been in the
family ever since for rashes and such.  She never told anyone how to make
it, but when she knew she was on her last legs, she called her daughter,
gave her a shopping list, and made her sit and watch as she made it.
That's how it passed down, till it came to my great aunt, who said not
telling was nonsense and just gave the recipie to my mom.   We call it
"stinking medicine"

Melandra

From: Walter J. Wakefield <wjwakefield at juno.com>