HERB - wound healing & honey

Gaylin iasmin at home.com
Sat Sep 9 06:20:23 PDT 2000

>I spoke with my lady -- an RN -- who warned me that the honey must be used
>with care, as it can contain botulism. It is also a medium for bacteria.

I hesitate to say it so strongly for fear of offending you or your lady, but
the scientific evidence on wound treatments does not support this one
iota and in fact directly refutes it directly. I believe you lady is wrong
on both counts with regards to wound treatments. If you're interested,
checking out the wound research done by diabetes organizations will
provide with some interesting reading.

>Newly opened honey which has been pasteurized is probably okay.

With respect, no. The honey must be raw.

Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or