HERB - Absinthe

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 07:53:23 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/4/2001 10:11:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
aheilvei at uiuc.edu writes:

> It is still manufactured by one
>  company with special dispensation in the UK.  This is the only place in
the
>  world still making it.

Actually it's made in the Czech Republic, in France, in Switzerland.. lots of
places, and these brands all contain thujon, which is supposedly the "active"
ingredient.

Check it out at http://www.absintheworld.com/  , not that I'd even think
about trying the stuff myself. You might also check out
http://www.dotcomer.com/Absinthe.htm .

That from just a quick websearch.

Corwyn

We need justice. We need toleration, honesty and moral courage. These are
modern virtues without which we cannot hope to control the forces science has
let loose among us. --I.A.R. Wylie