HERB - WILDPLACES: DON'T BUY PEAT THIS EASTER

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 18 07:16:04 PDT 2001

Perhaps, but when we were there two years ago, the smell of peat burning was
absolutely everywhere, along with the smokey haze that accompanies it.  I'm
glad to hear that if they are concerned about the loss of the bogs, they
aren't just going after the gardeners.  I wondered when we were there about
the seeming lack of concern about continuing to dig up the peat and burn
what could not be replaced easily.
Christianna