[Herbalist] poison ivy

Norma Jean Storms stormsno at oplin.lib.oh.us
Mon Aug 6 07:21:39 PDT 2001

Washing with Fels Naptha Soap right after exposure is often helpful.  It
will also help dry out the blisters once they have formed.  It is extremely
drying however.
One of the local health food stores has a pill that can be taken but I'm not
sure how it would work for a small fry.

As someone that suffers dreadfully from exposure to this, teach yourself and
your family to know what it looks like in it's various stages and avoid it
like the plague.  The oils that it produces can last for years on wood and
clothing too.

Also sometimes there can also be a reaction to poison oak and sumac as well
in the same individuals.  And while I  think about it, cashews can produce
similar reactions in some individuals as well.

Best wishes,
Francesca