[Herbalist] Re: poison ivy

Corwyn and Carowyn silveroak at juno.com
Thu Aug 9 19:03:01 PDT 2001

Greetings!

Found it in my old files...Magnus posted this originally...

"Incidentally, black gunpowder (sulphur, saltpeter, and charcoal) mixed
with regular milk as a binder makes a better salve for poinon
ivy/oak/sumac than what's
available commercially. Usually dries it up in two days. From personal
experience. Of course if you smoke it could be faster. Makes a grey
paste, smells kind of
sweet. Stops really severe outbreaks quickly. Learned from an old
gardener when our family's kids, including me, were really covered
with it.

Magnus"

-Caro