[Herbalist] saffron crocuses

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Aug 21 15:23:44 PDT 2001

I found some saffron bulbs at a store out in Blue Ball a little while
ago.  Can anybody give me some advice for when and where to plant them?
The guy at the store said to plant anytime before the end of summer...
but that doesn't jive with what I know of bulbs.  Usually you plant
bulbs in the autumn for next spring, no?  Do they prefer sun, or do they
tolerate shade?  I've got my fingers crossed that they'll tolerate shade
like other crocuses, because I have no shortage of shade here!

Thank you,
Magdalena