[Herbalist] Rose Problems

Corwyn and Carowyn silveroak at juno.com
Tue Aug 28 09:23:02 PDT 2001

Greetings to the List!

Okay, I'm having rose problems.  I was at church the other day, thinking
about the lovely rose garden right outside the sanctuary that I'd just
*love* to raid, but I know I'd get shot.  Soooo....I started thinking
about roses in period, and how they were thought of, and what-all they
were used in.

I found a gaping hole, unless I'm just not looking at the right recipes:
no cordials or meads.  I can't recall a one where they used rose petals.

Now, since the rose was the Virgin's flower, wouldn't it have been
thought to have been imbued with her power?  I'd have thought they would
be lining up to take rose petals into restorative mixes, especially if
the roses were grown in a churchyard!  What am I missing???

-Caro